22 October 2017

Had Nothing

The Fourth Promise of Debtors Anonymous says that we will begin to live a prosperous life, unencumbered by fear, worry, resentment or debt.





Had Nothing

Had no fear… had nothing
no roof… no clothes… no food
nothing …
maybe no fear but tons of worry

starving… shaking… withdrawals
no future plans… please…
let me survive the day
hated everyone… just because they had money

please give me a penny
please give me a sandwich
please don’t spit on me
please don’t curse me

oh the dream of a warm meal
followed by a warm bath
with clean warm clothes
and a nice cozy bed

a prosperous life
possibly not financially sound
rather comfortable with no fear
no debt… no worries

free from comparisons of others
free from resentments
no longer looking for handouts
rather closing hands in a prayer of thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment