15 September 2011

Off to Hot Springs

Well off in the morning anyway. In a nice 2011 Chevy Impala. I have been in three rental cars and everyone has been an Impala... a wonderful car... it looks big but great gas mileage and comfy driving.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers for a safe trip and a successful weekend of sharing. I am build as the "keynote speaker" but a dear friend has relieved some of that pressure by saying "keynote sharer" and that is what I will be doing.

Sharing my journey in recovery with others in recovery. After I get back I'll write out or make a video of what I had to say... but this how I will start out.

"Good Morning and hi everybody. My name is Dave Harm and I am an alcoholic. Exactly two weeks ago today, by the Grace of God and the fellowship of people like you I celebrated my 17th year of sobriety.

And while I have had 17 years of continuous sobriety, my journey to get to this point has taken 25 years."

Again, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and if you're in Hot Springs come on out to the walk and recovery rally at the airport in Hot Springs. I'd love to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment