08 May 2011

Searching

The 11th Step of CODA says, "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out."


Searching

laying in bed with closed eyes
I started my journey
knocked on Heaven’s door
wanting to meet… Him
just wanting… a glimpse
of His knowledge
that’s all I sought
had questions to ask
but He answered them…
with more questions

the answers I wanted
wouldn’t come that day
but I was comforted…
by His presence
a journey… I wouldn’t take alone
His thoughts gave me wisdom
that change…
only comes from within

it was through conscious contact
that my life expanded
and His grace empowered me
to see His beauty…
in every man, woman, and child

I’ll leave my bed
knowing this day
I’ll have what I need
His grace… His love…
His wisdom…
and tomorrow…
I’ll pray for a little more

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts from "Authors Den"

    Reviewed by Michelle Mead 11/18/2008
    Yes, we each have our own journey to our higher power and there is the Maya Angelou title that fits this well,"Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey now," and I think that applies most when it's a journey to our faith. I liked this alot.

    Reviewed by jude forese 11/18/2008
    as long as we believe in ourselves, life will follow ...

    Reviewed by Christine Alwin 11/17/2008
    Abosolutely beautiful...I walk away from your poem with more!

    Reviewed by Karen Palumbo 11/17/2008
    Such an amazing, inspirational beauty. Amazing what we can see and understand when we allow God's love into our being....

    Be always safe,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete