21 April 2011

No More Frustration


The 11th Promise of AA says, "We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us."



No More Frustration

frustrated when things didn't go my way
angry... when others wouldn't play along
spiteful... when bluffs were called
remember ever little grudge
held resentments like prized possessions
the past never baffled
it was just... how much time till revenge

then... sobriety... bewilderment
with shame... old rules thrown away
fear replaced anger
insecurity filled in for frustration
hoping for change... a second chance
yet... many couldn't believe it was possible
a fine stew was brewing in the pity pot

I want to meetings...
I listened... and shared
got a sponsor... worked the steps
helped others... gave rides
chaired meetings... became a sponsor
situations no longer baffled me
because... I got active... and stayed active

2 comments:

  1. From Authors Den...

    Reviewed by Regis Auffray 11/21/2009
    I am very glad that it all worked out for you, Dave; and I'm sure you helped many as well. Love and peace to you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dave, Blessings to you! I love the way you carry this message.....so full of hope....

    ReplyDelete