24 May 2009

Seek those that search for the truth... and run from those that lie

Today at work, a co-worker said she wanted to ask me a personal question. She went on to say that if I didn’t want to answer that she’d understand. She said there was a rumor at work that I was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. At first I laughed and we made a joke that I must be because I forgot it already. Then as the day wore on, I felt like everyone was watching me and wondering if it was true. Here I am wondering how to defend myself from a disease I don’t have.

Of course as the day wore on it came out that LG started this rumor. Why anybody would believe her is beyond me. Every year someone catches her in her own fantasy world creating these great stories… or as I would rather say… these lies.

Well, LG I really don’t know where your mind is at – but add me to a least of people who will walk away and not give you the time of day.

For the record, I can be a bit forgetful, but I think that people that know me understand the reason why. I’ve got a lot on my plate and I believe I handle it all quite well. And also for those that wonder why I shake. I’ll stop the rumors now before they even get going – OK LG? I have Essential Tremors. I guess the best way to describe it would be a benign form of Parkinson’s. And the exact opposite of it. When at rest, I don’t shake. But when I’m active I do shake. And like any illness I have days where it doesn’t affect me or my work and then there are days that can be a nightmare.

Those who speak before their brain becomes engaged are ignorant. Those who speak lies for whatever reason – I’ll say a pray for you…

No comments:

Post a Comment