15 March 2016

Spring in England

As January comes to an end, I am now beginning a new journey in this wonderful country. Every year that I have visited England, I usually return to America during the second week of the new year. So now everything is new, as far as the weather and watching things come back to life after a winter's nap.

The thing that has always amazed me is how green the grass is even during the winter. This year, the plants are even blooming. Geraniums and petunias are in full bloom. The photo above is right outside my front door.

The thing I'm looking forward to is watching the trees come back to life. There are so many trees and I've never seen them in all their glory.

While winters are very pleasant, I'm looking forward to experiencing spring and summer. It is very rare to see a home with air conditioning as temperatures never really get about 20 degrees (70 F), yet it is warm. Being an island the humidity is high and the weather makes for perfect summer clothing with very little sweat.

I'm looking forward to opening windows that have no screens. Except for the occasional spider there are very few insects that come in a home through the windows.

I'm looking forward to going to Etherow Park and walk around the lake and have a picnic by the huge water fall. And to see the hillside come alive with colors!!! Oh I can't wait!!!

Walking past all these outdoor restaurants that have very little traffic in the winter will come alive in the summer.

This year will be a year of new experiences and I'll be enjoying them through the innocent eyes of a child – mine!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment