19 December 2012

A Lost Child


Sitting here in England and thanking my Higher Power for the gifts I have received through recovery, yet I still have a heavy heart.  Some people will look at at sober life as a boring life.  Don't get me wrong, I love my boring life... no drama and no games.  It's reality and at times is quite boring.  No hiding from the law or living in paranoia.

I have had the privilege of sharing my sobriety with some folks who I have helped raise, as they struggled with their own demons and started on their own journey.  Sadly, after awhile they decided that the journey was just to boring for them and they wanted the drama back in their lives.

So what does that drama lead too?  Back to drinking, back to drugs, and back to insanity.  This is the "fun" life they crave.  I'll stay with the boring life.  A life that includes a job... a life that includes structure... and a life not living in jail.

I'm writing this with one person in mind.  I hope and pray you will return to a boring life and leave the insanity behind.  That first step is the most difficult, yet it brings about a new joy and a new freedom.  Please take it.  "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable."

What's that?  No problem with drugs or alcohol?  OK!  Everyone who doesn't have a problem with drugs or alcohol is sitting in jail one week before Christmas!  Right?

Get help.  Get rid of your playmates and start again...


No comments:

Post a Comment