04 June 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

My poems to myself about sobriety were played out again during my 14th anniversary... looking back on these times I see how much I was struggling to stay sober without totally dying inside... this is how I led into this poem.

Like Al Michaels said at the 1980 Olympics, when the Americans won the Gold Medal in hockey, "Do you believe in miracles?"

I do and you should too. If you don't, then please consider this was written by a miracle. Today is my 14 year anniversary with sobriety.




An Attitude of Gratitude

my soul was touched
by tears of pain
a lost little child
unable to find my way
begging... praying
for just one more chance

failed so many times
would understand
if He said no
but it was my last chance
my last hope
for freedom from addiction

on my knees... I got stronger
I felt His warmth
and His presence...
a new journey was unfolding
with an unknown destination
but... I'd follow

for awhile I was scared
though I never doubted
or questioned... His wisdom
today I'm grateful
that He was with me yesterday
and will be with me tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. From "Authors Den"

    Reviewed by John Domino 1/15/2009
    Great thoughts!

    With God anything is possible!

    Reviewed by Edwin Hurdle 8/30/2008
    This is very inspirational and I am sure a lot of people will use your poem as a guide to straighten their lives and believe in the power of miracles.I enjoy reading it,take care

    Edwin

    Reviewed by Gianetta Ellis 8/30/2008
    Congratulations on a life saved - yours and potentially all those touched by your words. I wish you continued success in fulfilling your ideals and living a joyous life.

    Reviewed by Dawn Anderson 8/30/2008
    Beautiful, inspirational as it is brave. Congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete