26 March 2011

Freedom Through Pain





The first promise of AA is, "If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through."







Freedom Through Pain


a journey to be born again
I found life through a new friend
the steps taught me a new way
now I don’t fear a new day
no ones better then You
the amount of pain I’ve been through
amazed by how far I’ve come
teach me… I’m no longer deaf and dumb
a path You have set before me
a light at the end of the tunnel I can see

just words when I first walked in
they wouldn’t work for me… to many sins
but here I am… comfortable and strong
Your guidance… I need all day long
the sky is not always gloomy and gray
I’ve listened to the words You’d say
this promise has come true
because of faith in the group
and especially You

1 comment:

  1. These seven reviews originally appeared on "Authors Den."

    Reviewed by Carin' Spirit 1/17/2009 Here you get two friends, with one action. Higher Power and Bill. Very nice! Excellent Expression. Warmth and Love to you.

    Reviewed by Edwin Hurdle 1/17/2009 This is an excellent and inspirational poem,I enjoy reading it,take care

    Reviewed by Christine Alwin 1/15/2009 Amen ....this is lovely!

    Reviewed by Liana Margiva 1/15/2009 I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Reviewed by 000 000 1/14/2009 Fabulous thank you poem to praise him...as we are loved and guided through the journey in our belief!

    Reviewed by Mary Lacey 1/14/2009 Wonderful and inspirational words to the Lord. Sometimes we have to endure pain to understand what it's all about, and indeed be born again.

    Reviewed by Darryn Murphy 1/14/2009 nice job :) take care

    ReplyDelete