22 September 2015

Memories... best forgotten

Yesterday, I went down memory lane... and not in a good way. It was getting near dinner time when I heard a loud thud. About a second later, a loud hair raising scream filled the hallway of the apartment complex I live in.

Then, screams of "help me." "Please, someone help me." I felt like an eight year old, hiding in my bedroom, listening to the screams, the punches, the walls moving.

Eventually, the police arrived and two drunks - a husband and his wife were quieted down. Not sure if anyone was taken away... but i am sure that memories of my childhood that I thought were long gone, are still very much alive...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dave, I read one of your posts regarding the Closter Rec. I drank there from 83 to 89. Could you please contact me. 13 yrs sober now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dave, I read one of your posts regarding the Closter Rec. I drank there from 83 to 89. Could you please contact me. 13 yrs sober now.

    ReplyDelete