07 July 2013

This brought me comfort...


Photo

Have been feeling overwhelmed & exhausted with one thing and another lately and I realised the main cause was that I had 'lost my centre'. My physical health was at a low ebb and that made me more vulnerable usual. I had been placing once again too much power in what others thought of  me, what others think/thought I should be doing, their expectations and so on.... Possibly some of their expectations I have to say I think were 'imaginings' in my own mind! !!! This poem helped me so much. I hope it brings some comfort to anyone else out there going through a similar rough patch. I have no doubt I, among other things have been unreasonable and illogical too lately! BUT I NEVER want to lose my soul simply to blend with other's values.
 Blessings, Snowie.

1 comment:

  1. (((Oh Snowie))) as hard as it seems at times we need to always take care of ourselves first and to never forget we are our own worst critics...

    The last lines in bold say it all...

    Wishing you the best
    Love and Peace
    Dave

    ReplyDelete