06 April 2011

A Promise of Peace

Step 11 of AA states, "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

And from the promises of AA, "We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves."


A Promise of Peace



I thought...
I thought I saw...
I thought I saw... Him

On that cool morning
You gave me a glimpse
Of serenity... comfort... love

I knew...
I knew I wasn't...
I knew I wasn't... alone

On that day my soul was touched
And my heart opened
To see a world I never saw before

I remember...
I remember times...
I remember times... I spit in Your eyes

But you never left me
It was Your patience
That gave me faith

I started...
I started my journey...
I started my journey... and you led

I didn't mind the uncertainty
With what the future held
You had my trust

I found...
I found peace...
I found peace... and comfort

My Higher Power took charge
And since that day
Everyday... is unique and special

No comments:

Post a Comment