22 November 2010

Two Score And Seven Years Ago...

A play on words from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address... But President Lincoln shared a very similar life to President Kennedy who was assassinated 47 years ago today.

I was only five years old, but I remember coming home from my half-day kindergarten class and saw my mom teary eyed. She tried to explain it to me but it didn't make much sense... then when my dad came home from work and he to was crying and they hugged... I knew something was tragically wrong.

As the days past and I watch highlight films of the young President with his wife and two young children, I saw for the first time a nation grieve for the loss of a man who was as close to representing American royalty as any family ever as...

He led us through the Cuban Missile Crisis, he set a goal to go to the moon, and his heroism on a PT boat earned him respect... a very young President killed before he really could fulfill his dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment