21 May 2009

Letters FOR Iraq

A conversation between myself and the Dad, from the Letters From Iraq series. I sent it on 5/23/2007

Hi H -
I had a question asked of me today and I wasn’t sure of the answer, but I said I knew someone who does. Where I work, one gentleman’s son is presently serving a tour in Iraq. As a company, we would like to send him a care package, but not sure exactly what can go in it as well as what can’t go into it - being a Muslim state.
Reading your e-mails I know you have sent many packages overseas so I thought I’d ask the expert.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave, I have had no problem sending materials/foods etc. Generally they have to be mailed of course and a customs tag affixed to the box. They will take almost all foods/snacks, tooth paste, soap, peanuts, gum, candies, pens, etc etc. They also take DVD’s, CD’s etc. I mailed a box of items out of our office….no problems.
Take care Dave and thanks for doing what you are doing.
H

The next day I got another e-mail…

Dave, I belong to this group and here is a typical list of things we send to the troops.Hope this gives you some ideas. - H

Today we are shipping four boxes. They are going to: Brown, Stephanie, SFC Clark, Jeremy, ATOC/TSGT CHARLES F. JONES, SGT. Alasia Torris.

Jeremy Clark is a new soldier to the TEAM. Stephanie Brown, niece of TEAM member Ken Reinboth, is back for her THIRD tour. Stephanie received three of our boxes in 2005.
Letters sent with the boxes are attached, and the contents of the boxes are below.
Thank you.
WEB SITE: http://www.americantroopsupportteam.com
baby wipes
bandaids
bar soap
beef jerky
body lotion
body powder
bubblegum
campbell’s chunky chili
candy
candy bars
chef boy r dee raviolis
chewing gum
cigarettes
coffee
coffee sweetner
crossword puzzle books
deodorant
DVDs
feminine products
footpowder
frisbee
girl scout cookies
granola bars
hard candy
hot sauce
jigsaw puzzle
kodak funsaver camera
lip balm
lollipops
magazines
microwave popcorn
nachos n cheese combo snack tray
novels
office supplies
peanut butter crackers
peanuts
playing cards
powdered gatorade
power bars
q-tips
ramon noodles
razors
salt and pepper
shaving cream
silly string
slim jims
tastykake butterscoth krimpets
toilet paper
toothbrush
toothpaste
tootsie pops
tums
tuna fish
tuna salad kits lunch to go
vienna sausage
white socks

No comments:

Post a Comment