25 August 2014

From the heart....

This week on Tuesday, I continue a long journey that started a month ago.  It started one day when I woke up with stiff hands that had blown up... they were so swollen.  I had no reason why it happened and had no clue how to reverse it.

A week past with no change and then by the tenth day I couldn't handle the pain anymore and went to my family doctor.  Some blood work was done and everything looked pretty good except for one marker. 

Within a day I was sent to have an EKG and a chest x-ray... and the fears began to enter my mind.  The X-Ray came back good but the EKG showed an aneurysm, very near my heart.  I mentioned to my doctor that the word aneurysm was scary and he looked at me with all seriousness and said that it was very serious, that if it blew, I would be dead before I hit the ground.  I like honesty in a doctor but that was a bit to much for me.

Next a CT Scan was ordered and from that I met a cardiologist and plans were set for me to have a heart catheter and a procedure that will put a scope down my throat to look at the back of my heart.  This will take place on Tuesday, the 26th.

Then after it, I will meet the surgeon and will hear for the first time exxactly what will happen and how it will be repaired.

Through this adventure I have found some friends who I knew were there yet never really looked at as friends... these include co-workers and members of 12 Step Groups... and I can feel the love from my lady across the pond...

And without a doubt the love of my Higher Power...

Work on Creating Dreams will stop until this is all done with and I'm on the mend and I will use this blog as a method to say what is going on and will do so as my health and energy levels allow me too...  

No comments:

Post a Comment