27 June 2011

Who's Eyeing Me?

A little fun with Greek Mythology

Who's Eyeing Me?

I see God through,
The same eyes God sees me.
But which one,
Is looking in on me?
Ares? - always assures,
Victory in war, hopefully,
I don't need him anymore.
Morpheus? - could be!
Memories of sweet dreams,
No longer do they make me scream.
Aphrodite? - I doubt it!
How much more in love can I be?
Rhea? - with her love of nature?
Thats a strong possibility!
Hades? - with his dark evil ways?
Don't think so,
He's been gone for many days!
Artemis? - goddess of birth and moon,
She'll be stopping by,
With a grandchild soon!
Plutos? - with all his wealth,
Really don't know.
With money, I'm close to the ditch,
But spiritually, I've hit it rich!
Dionysos? - with his wine,
And intoxication?
Nah, no longer need that sensation!
Zeus? - with all his power,
And big head?
I hope not, I'd end up dead!
Hera? - with her jealous ways?
She can just stay away!

Which one can it be?
Who is the one,
Who looks in on me?
Who stays by my side,
Often on some wild rides!
Its Apollo, who sees me!
The patron god of poems,
On nights like this,
He won't leave me alone!

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts from "Authors Den"

    Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader) 10/21/2004
    Interesting analogy David enjoyed the write

    Reviewed by jude forese 10/16/2004
    never chase away the power of the god of poems, invite him closer ... and you certainly have seemed to done that ...

    Reviewed by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner 10/16/2004
    (((dave)))

    LOL--exhuberance and charm in this delightful piece--enjoyed! well done!

    (((HUGS))) and love, karla.

    and congrats on overcoming--i have been sober 21 years :)

    Reviewed by E T Waldron 10/16/2004
    Wonderful use of mythological gods! A superb poem!

    Reviewed by Kate Clifford 10/16/2004
    He is a bit of a nonsense isn't he? Love the playfulness you have shown in this write. I have read your bio. Congrats on your accomplishment to overcome the illness of drinking. Hats off to the lady in your life.

    ReplyDelete